September 6, 2009
For those of you who might have thought we faded away… well, here we are! The website languished while we looked for a new website company, but we’ve now secured the services of LeeLite Designs and are very excited to have them.
Let’s do the important news first: we’re having a book sale! The Afterbirth stock shelves need your assistance… take advantage of these special prices for a limited time!
We also have limited copies of the Bizarro Starter Kit: Orange and the Bizarro Starter Kit: Blue to sell for $5 each. All books include shipping via USPS media mail. We’ll include some stickers and whatever other fun stuff we have lying around here too. :)
How about some even more important news: A new book!
Screams From a Dying World by David Agranoff arrived recently. The stories you'll find here are horrific in a variety of ways, not the least of which is the impact we have on our planet. Originally published in chapbook format by Punk Horror Press, this edition contains twice as many stories. Cody Goodfellow, author of Radiant Dawn and co-author of Jake's Wake with John Skipp describes the book as "the kind of dangerous stuff that makes its neighbors look like creepy comfort food."
- The Walri Project edited by Kevin Donihe. Walri is on its final edit, and will be coming out soon. Everyone's waited a while for this one!
- David Agranoff's novel Hunting the Moon Tribe
- Bradley Sands' book Nougat
- A collection from sam pink called Frowns Need Friends Too
And, we have a few other cool things in the works…
Unfortunately, we are still closed to unsolicited submissions… We'll keep you updated on when we are able to take submissions again, but right now, there's no time to read them!
Don't forget that Bizarro Con happens October 22-25 in Troutdale, Oregan (near Portland). Find out more information at Bizarro Central.
Just a few bits of news from our authors:
- Gina Ranalli recently had Swarm of Flying Eyeballs published by Squid Salad Press and Sky Tongues published by Eraserhead Press. Upcoming is her novel, House of Fallen Trees, coming out in hardcover this fall from Cargo Cult Press.
- Alembical: A Distillation of Four Novellas includes “13 Miles to Paradise” from Bruce Taylor, and was put out by Paper Golem last fall. The book received a starred review in Publisher’s Weekly! The other three authors are Jay Lake, Ray Vukcevich, and James Van Pelt.
- Duncan Barlow’s new press has just put out Downstream from Trout Fishing in America: A Memoir of Richard Brautigan by Keith Abbott. This is the third title from Astrophil Press which focuses on literary works that are usually overlooked by major presses. Note: they are not currently taking submissions.
Enjoy the fall season, and hope to see you at Bizarro Con!